Why Choose Migraine Minds?
Migraine Minds was created for patients who seek lasting relief from headache and migraine pain. As you might expect, we help patients resolve immediate pain and develop plans for long-term pain management. It's how we deliver pain relief and help you regain control of your headaches that sets us apart from other providers.
First, we approach all of our headache and migraine clients from a holistic viewpoint; we look for the source of the problem so that we can treat the whole person, not just their headache or migraine symptoms.
By design, the way our medical practice looks, feels, and operates is also different from most medical facilities. In place of harsh lighting and ringing telephones, you'll find a subdued and relaxing environment. Instead of being rushed out the door, you'll receive the time, attention, and compassion you need to recover fully.
Finally, the diversity of services we offer is unparalleled in Columbus, Ohio. Our founder, Dr. Douglas Van Fossen, is a headache and migraine specialist trained in using traditional medical treatments and Botox® for migraines. We also have on-staff experts in integrative alternative therapies, including acupuncture, integrative nutrition, wellness, hypnotherapy, MBTI® and massage therapy. We built this practice for you.
Are you ready for a better path to migraine care?
What can you expect as a patient?
We designed our practice in every way with our patients in mind.
Your office experience:
- A comfortable and quiet office environment
- No hurry. Ever. We want you to have all the time you need with the physician to better understand and manage your headaches
- Same day or next day scheduling. Keeping the number of patient appointments low allows us to schedule you quickly and give you the care and attention you deserve
- Access to provider support by HIPAA-compliant text, email, and patient portal systems
- Compassionate care partners to assist you in preventing and managing your headaches
- Empowerment. Our goal is to give you everything you need to be in control of your headaches and migraines
- A determination of the root causes of your headache
- A decrease in—or elimination of—your migraines
- Individualized prevention, treatment, and rescue plans developed around your needs and capabilities